Tuesday 29 October 2013

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub Review


I was actually deciphering for a while what to post, as I'm lacking inspiration at the moment. You know when you don't feel like doing a tag, or perhaps you may have just done a haul or a review and you don't really want to do another. So I'm having a bit of writers block at the moment, so after my birthday (which is in two days if your wondering) I should have some reviews and bits and bobs up. I'm a massive fan of Lush and have probably been using their products on and off for around three years. In that time you would think I had tried a lot, however the majority of things I buy from Lush are from the bath bomb/ballistic section, so I never really get round to trying the face masks or shower gels. 

After seeing countless reviews and mentions of the Lush Lip Scrubs, I popped this on my wish list pretty quickly.  They retail for a high £5.50 which for a lip scrub comes across as absolutely ridiculous , however I have had this since the end of last year/ beginning of this year and I have literally just hit the bottom (a perfect opportunity to go buy the Christmas cola flavour.) So I can definitely tell you now they are such a great investment, what can be cuter than small glass jars which contain different coloured flavoured sugars. 

The point of a lip scrub is to 'clear away the dead skin and flakiness from lips, leaving them moisturised and smooth.' So essentially a lip scrub works hand in hand with a lip balm in order for the lipstick to apply creamy and smooth. The Lush lip scrubs just tick all the boxes, not only does the scent smell delicious and is also edible however it all removes all the disgusting dry skin which always suddenly appears at the start of Autumn/Winter. At first applying sugar to your lips can be a little strange, however you will eventually come round to the idea, and will not be able to stop your self from applying it just for the taste (like me.) Lush offer three permanent flavours: 'Mint Julips', 'Popcorn' and 'Bubblegum' however I wasn't keen at all on the other two flavours as the Mint flavour tasted like after eights and the popcorn flavour tasted like butter so Bubblegum was the best bet for me. I do warn you however that it is super sweet, and has the same scent as Snow Fairy which I actually worked out the other day, after wondering what Snow Fairy reminded me of. They also offer one limited edition scent called 'Santa's lip scrub' which actually tastes like Cola, Lush's idea was the scrub would be something Mrs Clause would use.  

You receive 25g of product which a perfect amount, which is bound to last you a long period of time. As soon as I run out, I will be repurchasing as I find its really become part of some sort of routine. I know this is a hit or miss product for a lot of people, however its really worth a try perhaps pop it on your Christmas list. 

You can buy this here

Thank you for reading,
Livs x

13 comments:

  1. I love the Lush lipscrubs and out of all the flavors Bubblegum is my absolute favourite - its so yummy, I don't mind if I use a bit more than I really need ;o), Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you there the Bubblegum is my favourite:) I'm exactly the same, I probably apply a little too much haha:)x

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the Lush Lip Scrubs, they taste amazing and last forever! Although my favourite one they've stopped selling now :(

    Helen x

    http://treasureeverymoment01.blogspot.co.uk/

    PS. Happy Birthday!! (one day in advance!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you there, they are amazing!:) and thank you that's really sweet!:)x

      Delete
  3. I always try out this lip scrub when I'm in lush but have never got round to buying it - I'll have to make the plunge soon! Lovely post :)

    Jenny
    xx

    somelikeitstyled.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog, would you like to follow each other? Just let me know and I will follow u back
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this lip scrub! x

    musingsfromagemini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice products! Would you like to follow each other? Let me know and I will follow you right back
    outsidethewardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) and yes however perhaps you should follow my blog because you like it not for a follow back:)xx

      Delete